tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat classpath?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:23:25 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, David Thielen wrote:

> I'm sticking with this example as it "should" work.
>
> The url I put in is localhost/apps.10.jsp.

I assume you mean localhost/apps/10.jsp.

> Here is a dir (screen dump) of the file:
>  Directory of C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\apps
>
> 02/16/2002  03:50p                 727 10.jsp
>
> So the file is there.
>
> The error I get is:
> C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
> 4.0\work\Standalone\localhost\apps\$10$jsp.java:3: Class net.windward.Cart
> not found in import.
> import net.windward.Cart;
>        ^
> 1 error, 1 warning

FWIW, this is an error that has to do with compiling the JSP, not
executing it.  I'm not sure whether how Tomcat finds the class when
compiling is any different from how it finds it for executing.  I'd
think it wouldn't be, but I'm not sure.

Not sure I have any other suggestions to look into at this point.  It
looks like everything is in the right place.  Maybe it's the usual
missing something obvious problem.

> Here is the dir (screen dump) of the file Cart.class
>  Directory of C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
> 4.0\webapps\apps\WEB-INF\classes\ne
> t\windward
>
> 12/29/2001  01:11p              18,392 Cart.class
> 12/29/2001  01:10p              24,099 Cart.java
>
> So any idea why it can't find it? I looked in the log files but couldn't
> find any that listed a directory it was looking in.
>
> thanks - dave

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)