tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat classpath?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:04:15 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, David Thielen wrote:

> What's the context when I have:
>
>   <Context path="/" docBase="c:\Inetpub\wwwroot" debug="0" privileged="true"
> />
>
> I tried ROOT, nothing, "_" - none of them worked.

What do you mean when you say you "tried ROOT, ...", where did you try
it?  And when you say they didn't work, what do you mean?  It didn't
find the servlets/jsps, or it didn't find the classes/jars?  What URL
did you try?  Anything relevant in the logs?

I'd *think* that the path attribute above is just to tell Tomcat how
to match URLs to resources (e.g. servlets/jsps).

And I'd think that you can have WEB-INF under c:\Inetpub\wwwroot (and
lib and classes under WEB-INF).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)