tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat classpath?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:31:15 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, David Thielen wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Where do I place jar files or where in the tomcat configuration do I
> tell it of a jar file to use with my jsp?
>
> Also, can I just do .class files in a directory or must it be a jar
> file? (And if so, how do I set that?)

If you're talking about context specific stuff, jars go in
...<context>/WEB-INF/lib and classes in
...<context>/WEB-INF/classes (don't forget to include the complete
package hierarchy in the classes subdirectory).

You don't set the classpath for this stuff, it all works automatically.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
mepstein@uiuc.edu