tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: what happen with this maillist
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:12:10 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

[ ... ]
> Hint ... see the line below, which is added to the bottom of every
> single message you receive from the list:

> So, all you need to do is send an empty message to
> "tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org" and answer the
> confirmation message that you get back.
>
> However, this only works if the "from" address in your mailer is the
> address with which you are subscribed.  There is no subscription to
> TOMCAT-USER under "aconstante_00@hotmail.com", so you must have
> either subscribed under some other address, or someone else is
> subscribed and is forwarding the mail to you.
>
> In the first case, you will need to figure out what address you
> subscribed under.  In the second case, you will need to figure out
> who is forwarding the mail to you, and ask them to stop -- there is
> nothing the Tomcat list administrators can do because we don't know
> who it is either.

And there should be a header line that indicates what address the list
sent the message to (i.e. what address you are subscribed under).  I
see it on the Return-Path header, but if you can show all your
headers, you should be able to see it too.  Here's what the info looks
like:

tomcat-user-return-23591-mepstein=uiuc.edu@jakarta.apache.org

The 23591 is some kind of message index/number.  My subscribed address
is mepstein@uiuc.edu (it changes "@" to "=" in that header).

So if you can find that header, that should allow you to unsubscribe.
I think you can then send a message to

where "name@machine.com" is the subscribed address.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer