tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <>
Subject Re: what happen with this maillist
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:12:10 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

[ ... ]
> Hint ... see the line below, which is added to the bottom of every
> single message you receive from the list:
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
> So, all you need to do is send an empty message to
> "" and answer the
> confirmation message that you get back.
> However, this only works if the "from" address in your mailer is the
> address with which you are subscribed.  There is no subscription to
> TOMCAT-USER under "", so you must have
> either subscribed under some other address, or someone else is
> subscribed and is forwarding the mail to you.
> In the first case, you will need to figure out what address you
> subscribed under.  In the second case, you will need to figure out
> who is forwarding the mail to you, and ask them to stop -- there is
> nothing the Tomcat list administrators can do because we don't know
> who it is either.

And there should be a header line that indicates what address the list
sent the message to (i.e. what address you are subscribed under).  I
see it on the Return-Path header, but if you can show all your
headers, you should be able to see it too.  Here's what the info looks

The 23591 is some kind of message index/number.  My subscribed address
is (it changes "@" to "=" in that header).

So if you can find that header, that should allow you to unsubscribe.
I think you can then send a message to

where "" is the subscribed address.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer