tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jk.so for the new tomcat!
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:50:57 GMT
On 24 Jun 2002, Sean M Alderman wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 10:54, abhishek srivastava wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I have downloaded the new tomcat 4.0.4 today. I also downloaded the source
> > for the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src ... when I run ant the build
> > says build successfull. but there is no mod_jk.so to be found.
>
> When you run ant to build the connectors, in
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors-src/jk try running 'ant native' to build
> mod_jk.so.  I didn't have much luck doing this on my solaris8 box, but I
> know why that didn't work, just not how to fix it (it was a solaris
> specific issue).

What problem are you running into?  I'm doing something like this to
build it on AIX, and I'm not sure it's working.  The "not sure" part
is because it doesn't fail (I'm talking about it actually creating
mod_jk.so), but there is no mod_jk.so file to be found.  There are
some other similarly named files though, like mod_jk.lo and
libmod_jk.so.0, but I don't know if I can just rename one of them and
use it.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)