tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark_DiBatti...@mapinfo.com
Subject RE: Running two Tomcats
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:15:55 GMT

Subject: Running two Tomcats

Has anyone ever run 2 different versions of Tomcat under 1 Apache instance?

Thanks for your help.
Mark

Yes, two different Versions of Tomcat...3.2.1 and 4.0.3 to be exact.  We
were running all of our apps on Tomcat3.2.1 and tried to make the
transition over to 4.0.3 to exploit the new logging functionality.
However, we ran into some problems with two of our applications, simply,
the JSP weren't loading.

We had some "Include" statements on the JSP's and they weren't working, so
now for a short term resolution, we would like to run the two apps that
weren't loading on the old Tomcat3.2.1, which is stable and run the other
apps on Tomcat4.0.3.

Now, I can startup the 4 tomcats instances for Tomcat3.2.1 and 2 Tomcat
instances for TOmcat4.0.3, however only the 3.2.1 stuff works.

Tomcat3.2.1, using AJP1.2 and ApacheModuleJServ.dll
TOmcat4.0.3, using AJP1.3 and mod_jk.dll

I'm guessing one of the above differences is my problem, but not having
much luck testing it out.

THanks for any comments.
Mark

                    "Turner, John"

                    <JTurner@AAS.c       To:     "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    om>                  cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Running two Tomcats

                    06/28/2002

                    03:05 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

Two different "versions" or two different "instances"?  In my case, 2
different versions = no, 2 different instances = yes.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

Has anyone ever run 2 different versions of Tomcat under 1 Apache instance?

Thanks for your help.
Mark

For additional commands, e-mail: <