tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mpau...@mail.unomaha.edu
Subject HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:59:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie Tomcat4 user who is having trouble getting the program to work
after  having  properly -- I think -- installed it from rpms.   Here is the
error that I am getting (I've searched the web and have found references to
this problem but no real solutions):

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request

type Status report

message No Context configured to process this request

description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured
to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Setup Particulars:
-  1.8 GHz Pentium IV with 1.5 GB Ram
-  RedHat Linux 7.3
-  Apache 1.3 - The site that is to use tomcat4 is a virtual host
-  Tomcat is using port 8180

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark A. Pauley, Ph.D.
College of Information Science & Technology, UNO
Omaha, NE 68182-0116
e-mail:  mark@pauley.com
phone:  (402) 554-4954  fax:  (402) 554-3284