tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mpau...@mail.unomaha.edu
Subject Re: HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:26:38 GMT
Hi,

Apparently my server.xml file was deleted when I tried to send it as an
attachment (below).  Here it is as plain text:

<!-- Example Server Configuration File -->
<!-- Note that component elements are nested corresponding to their
     parent-child relationships with each other -->

<!-- A "Server" is a singleton element that represents the entire JVM,
     which may contain one or more "Service" instances.  The Server
     listens for a shutdown command on the indicated port.

     Note:  A "Server" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
     define subcomponents such as "Valves" or "Loggers" at this level.
 -->

  <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more "Connectors" that share
       a single "Container" (and therefore the web applications visible
       within that Container).  Normally, that Container is an "Engine",
       but this is not required.

       Note:  A "Service" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
       define subcomponents such as "Valves" or "Loggers" at this level.
   -->

  <!-- Define the Tomcat Stand-Alone Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

    <!-- A "Connector" represents an endpoint by which requests are
received
         and responses are returned.  Each Connector passes requests on to
the
         associated "Container" (normally an Engine) for processing.

         By default, a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector is established on port
8180.
         You can also enable an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8543 by
         following the instructions below and uncommenting the second
Connector
         entry.  SSL support requires the following steps (see the SSL
Config
         HOWTO in the Tomcat 4.0 documentation bundle for more detailed
         instructions):
         * Download and install JSSE 1.0.2 or later, and put the JAR files
           into "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext".
         * Execute:
             %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
(Windows)
             $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
(Unix)
           with a password value of "changeit" for both the certificate and
           the keystore itself.

         By default, DNS lookups are enabled when a web application calls
         request.getRemoteHost().  This can have an adverse impact on
         performance, so you can disable it by setting the
         "enableLookups" attribute to "false".  When DNS lookups are
disabled,
         request.getRemoteHost() will return the String version of the
         IP address of the remote client.
    -->

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8180 -->
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8543"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value
     to -1 -->

    <!-- Define an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8543 -->
    <!--
               enableLookups="true"
             acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"/>
    </Connector>
    -->

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8181 -->
    <!-- See proxy documentation for more information about using this. -->
    <!--
               enableLookups="true"
               proxyPort="80"/>
    -->

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.0 Test Connector on port 8182 -->
    <!--
    <Connector className
="org.apache.catalina.connector.http10.HttpConnector"
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8543"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
    -->

    <!-- An Engine represents the entry point (within Catalina) that
processes
         every request.  The Engine implementation for Tomcat stand alone
         analyzes the HTTP headers included with the request, and passes
them
         on to the appropriate Host (virtual host). -->

    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

      <!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful debugging information
about
           the request headers and cookies that were received, and the
response
           headers and cookies that were sent, for all requests received by
           this instance of Tomcat.  If you care only about requests to a
           particular virtual host, or a particular application, nest this
           element inside the corresponding <Host> or <Context> entry
instead.

           For a similar mechanism that is portable to all Servlet 2.3
           containers, check out the "RequestDumperFilter" Filter in the
           example application (the source for this filter may be found in
           "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters").

           Request dumping is disabled by default.  Uncomment the following
           element to enable it. -->
      <!--
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
      -->

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->

      <!-- Replace the above Realm with one of the following to get a Realm
           stored in a database and accessed via JDBC -->

      <!--
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
          connectionURL
="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test;password=test"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol
="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
      -->

      <!--
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:
@ntserver:1521:ORCL?user=scott;password=tiger"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol
="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
      -->

      <!--
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:CATALINA"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol
="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
      -->

      <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase
="/var/tomcat4/webapps/bioinformatics" unpackWARs="true">

        <!-- Normally, users must authenticate themselves to each web app
             individually.  Uncomment the following entry if you would like
             a user to be authenticated the first time they encounter a
             resource protected by a security constraint, and then have
that
             user identity maintained across *all* web applications
contained
             in this virtual host. -->
        <!--
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"
                   debug="0"/>
        -->

        <!-- Access log processes all requests for this virtual host.  By
             default, log files are created in the "logs" directory
relative to
             $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can specify a different
             directory with the "directory" attribute.  Specify either a
relative
             (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to the desired directory.
        -->
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix
=".txt"
                 pattern="common"/>

        <!-- Logger shared by all Contexts related to this virtual host.
By
             default (when using FileLogger), log files are created in the
"logs"
             directory relative to $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can
specify
             a different directory with the "directory" attribute.  Specify
either a
             relative (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to the desired
             directory.-->
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

        <!-- Define properties for each web application.  This is only
needed
             if you want to set non-default properties, or have web
application
             document roots in places other than the virtual host's appBase
             directory.  -->

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

        <!-- Tomcat Manager Context -->
        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

        <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
                     prefix="localhost_examples_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>
          <Ejb   name="ejb/EmplRecord" type="Entity"
                 home="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecordHome"
               remote="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecord"/>
          <!-- PersistentManager: Uncomment the section below to test
Persistent
                   Sessions.

               saveOnRestart: If true, all active sessions will be saved
                 to the Store when Catalina is shutdown, regardless of
                 other settings. All Sessions found in the Store will be
                 loaded on startup. Sessions past their expiration are
                 ignored in both cases.
               maxActiveSessions: If 0 or greater, having too many active
                 sessions will result in some being swapped out.
minIdleSwap
                 limits this. -1 means unlimited sessions are allowed.
                 0 means sessions will almost always be swapped out after
                 use - this will be noticeably slow for your users.
               minIdleSwap: Sessions must be idle for at least this long
                 (in seconds) before they will be swapped out due to
               maxActiveSessions. This avoids thrashing when the site is
                 highly active. -1 or 0 means there is no minimum -
sessions
                 can be swapped out at any time.
               maxIdleSwap: Sessions will be swapped out if idle for this
                 long (in seconds). If minIdleSwap is higher, then it will
                 override this. This isn't exact: it is checked
periodically.
                 -1 means sessions won't be swapped out for this reason,
                 although they may be swapped out for maxActiveSessions.
                 If set to >= 0, guarantees that all sessions found in the
                 Store will be loaded on startup.
               maxIdleBackup: Sessions will be backed up (saved to the
Store,
                 but left in active memory) if idle for this long (in
seconds),
                 and all sessions found in the Store will be loaded on
startup.
                 If set to -1 sessions will not be backed up, 0 means they
                 should be backed up shortly after being used.

               To clear sessions from the Store, set maxActiveSessions,
maxIdleSwap,
               and minIdleBackup all to -1, saveOnRestart to false, then
restart
               Catalina.
          -->
              <!--
          <Manager className
="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
              debug="0"
              saveOnRestart="true"
              maxActiveSessions="-1"
              minIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleBackup="-1">
                <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
          </Manager>
              -->
          <Environment name="maxExemptions" type="java.lang.Integer"
                      value="15"/>
          <Parameter name="context.param.name" value="context.param.value"
                     override="false"/>
          <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb" auth="SERVLET"
                    type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb">
          </ResourceParams>
          <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
                    type="javax.mail.Session"/>
          <ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
            <parameter>
              <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
              <value>localhost</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>
        </Context>

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>

  <!-- The MOD_WEBAPP connector is used to connect Apache 1.3 with Tomcat
4.0
       as its servlet container. Please read the README.txt file coming
with
       the WebApp Module distribution on how to build it.
       (Or check out the "jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp" CVS repository)

       To configure the Apache side, you must ensure that you have the
       "ServerName" and "Port" directives defined in "httpd.conf".  Then,
       lines like these to the bottom of your "httpd.conf" file:

         LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
         WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
         WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

       The next time you restart Apache (after restarting Tomcat, if
needed)
       the connection will be established, and all applications you make
       visible via "WebAppDeploy" directives can be accessed through
Apache.
  -->

  <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="/var/tomcat4/webapps/bioinformatics"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to
-->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->

    </Engine>

  </Service>

</Server>

Mark

----------------------------
Mark A. Pauley, Ph.D.
College of Information Science & Technology, UNO
Omaha, NE 68182-0116
e-mail:  mark@pauley.com
phone:  (402) 554-4954  fax:  (402) 554-3284

----- Forwarded by Mark Pauley/FACSTAFF/UNO/UNEBR on 06/29/2002 10:22 PM
-----

                      "GroupShield for Exchange

                      (BISOMREXCHMB1)"                          To:       "'mpauley@mail.unomaha.edu'"
<mpauley@mail.unomaha.edu>
                      <NAISkillmanN.J.BISOMREXCHMB1@omrs        cc:

                      ystems.com>                               Subject:  ALERT -  GroupShield
ticket number OA48_1025406932_BISOMREXCHMB1_
                                                                 3 was generated

                      06/29/2002 10:15 PM

Action Taken:
The attachment was quarantined from the message and replaced with a text
file informing the recipient of the action taken.