tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: Problem installing Jakarta with IIS on Windows 2k
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 16:38:10 GMT

You need tools.jar in your classpath.

RS

<assisys@interfree.it> on 05/31/2002 12:33:15 PM

To:    <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:    <shachor@il.ibm.com>, <dave@junglemoss.com>

Subject:    Problem installing Jakarta with IIS on Windows 2k

I have any problems while installing Tomcat 3.3. As your  release notes I
follow all instruction but I get an error both in IE and  Netscape while
testing JSP examples.

Error: 500
Location:  /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:  sun/tools/javac/Main
 at  org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(Unknown Source)
 at  org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.javac(Unknown Source)
 at  org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(Unknown  Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(Unknown  Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(Unknown  Source)
 at  org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown  Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown  Source)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown

 Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown  Source)
 at  org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Instead Servlet examples work  fine.
I think the problem is about redirecting instruction on IIS  and I notice
that the ISAPI filter on my web is down even if Tomcat and IIS are
started.

What's the problem ?
Thanks

For additional commands, e-mail: <