tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Gibbs" <dgi...@agency.com>
Subject RE: javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:05:00 GMT
DB2 driver does need the URL formatted as follows.
URL="jdbc:db2:your_db_name"
Have you installed the DB2 CAE on the host machine ?
also if you want to use JDBC2 you need to build a new db2java.zip by running
usejdbc2.bat in Drive:\DB2\java12.
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabio Mengue [mailto:fabio@ccuec.unicamp.br]
Sent: 25 June 2002 13:35
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource
instance

Hi,

Les Hughes wrote:

>Also, I dont think you need both drivername and url - they are synonyms for
>the same thing.

I think DBCP wants URL to be configured. At least with DB2, if I don't
configure url on server.xml, I get

Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver' for
connect URL 'null'

on catalina.out.

>One last thing, the property "user" or "username" seems to be driver
>specific maybe? Try both and let us know which one works :-)

I think that DBCP also wants username to be configured. I get

DBCP DataSource configured without a 'username'

on catalina.out

>IF either of you guys get a functioning DB2 and Oracle setting, could you
>mail me them? I'm updating the documentation to include specific examples.

I still can't make DB2 work. I get

*java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException*

and no catalina.out entry for that.

Lack of documentation from IBM is always my problem :)

See ya,

Fabio.

-
Fabio Mengue - Centro de Computacao - Unicamp
fabio@ccuec.unicamp.br       fabio@unicamp.br
"Quem se mata de trabalhar merece mesmo morrer." - Millor