tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ahlstrom" <sahlst...@americanisp.net>
Subject RE: How can I map all requests to a single servlet?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:37:51 GMT
I'd use a front controller pattern.  All your requests would have an action
at the end
(ex, http://www.site.com/controllerServlet/do-something,
http://www.site.com/controllerServlet/do-something-else, etc.)
Your servlet then routes you to a requestprocessor class which strips off
the
action then maps it to a class or event handler.  See Core Java Patterns.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bailey [mailto:chris@codeintensity.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 4:53 PM
To: Tomcat Mailing List
Subject: How can I map all requests to a single servlet?

I have a web application that uses a single servlet to respond to all
requests.  This is the only web app that will be running under Tomcat.  How
can I set up the servlet-mapping so that it gets all requests, without doing
something like setting the <url-pattern> to be "index.*"?  Or, more
specifically, I don't want the "index.page" (or whatever) being added into
the URL.  So, the URL's should just be something like
"http://www.foo.com/?param=blah".

____
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity       http://www.codeintensity.com