tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jon wingfield" <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject RE: How to set JAVA_HOME
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:57:58 GMT
remove the trailing slash from JAVA_HOME. The setclasspath.bat file in the
tomcat bin directory assumes no trailing slashes on any of the environment
variables (as do startup.bat, catalina.bat etc).

Hope this helps,
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve R. Burrus [mailto:burrus1@swbell.net]
Sent: 17 June 2002 06:23
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to set JAVA_HOME

Ravishankar S, this is Steve Burrus, and I appreciate and thank you for
trying to
help me earlier. In response to your question, my operating system is:
Windows
XP, and so all of the various environment setting are made not in the
autoexec.bat file--which was the case in previous versions of Windows--but
in the
System Control Panel applet. I just now set the JAVA_HOME setting for
"C:\Java\jdk1.3.1_03\". You see, I created earlier the Java folder to hold
all 3
of the applications which I need to set up Tomcat, i.e., the JDK, the
J2SDKEE,
and of course the Tomcat Server files.

 Why in the hell, after I think that I have successfully set up tomcat, when
I go
and enter into my browser's location bar the "http://localhost:8080/" URL,
the
damn browser thinks, rather ridiculously, that I am doing a search and then
goes
to a search page with the results??! HELP ME.

Ravishankar S wrote:

> Steve,
>
> what is ur OS???if it's Windows then
>
> open a DOS window and type set JAVA_HOME=<path to jdk root>(for ex
> C:\jdk1.3.1)
>
> if it's UNIX/LINUX then
>
> set JAVA_HOME=<path to jdk root> in either /etc/profile for all users or
> edit .bashrc/.cshrc for a particular user..
>
> hope this helps,
>
> ravi

Server?