tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sexton, George" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: weird connection problems
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:11:09 GMT
>> that M$ ACCESS is not up for the job to be the back end of any web site
which
>> is fair enough. But why is it my jsp page can retrieve information from
the

Here is a URL that really documents a lot of the problems with Access in a
web environment.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2195

>> jsp & java bean that performs an identical operation is not able to do
this.
>> As a test to see my code is ok, I run the same jsp & java bean to
retrieve

What is the effective user ID for each of the operations. You are almost
certainly hitting a permissions problem.

You might try checking the security permissions on the registry key for the
ODBC DSN. I have seen instances where the DSN is created, and IUSER_ doesn't
have read permissions to the entry.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com

Thankyou all for the friendly advice and tips. I generally got a consensus
that M$ ACCESS is not up for the job to be the back end of any web site
which
is fair enough. But why is it my jsp page can retrieve information from the
database across the network but when i split my presentation and logic into
jsp & java bean that performs an identical operation is not able to do this.
As a test to see my code is ok, I run the same jsp & java bean to retrieve
from a database that resides on the local machine it works ok.

Kind Regards
Amran