tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Josh Fenlason" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: JNDIRealm authentication
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:17:27 GMT
Does anyone know what the value of connectionPassword, in <Realm/>, should
be?  I tried it with a value of "secret", but I get an error when Tomcat
starts:
  javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 48 - Inappropriate
Authentication]

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm,
> > and tried to follow the example.  My site loads fine, but I never get an
> > authentication prompt when I enter my site.  If anyone could sees
anything
> > wrong with my <Realm/> or has any ideas of where else I should need to
> > change things, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
> > ,
> > Josh.
> >
> > Here's what I entered for the Realm element in
> > <tomcat4.1.3_home>/conf/server.xml
> >
> > <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
> >     connectionName="ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=Bethel"
> >     connectionPassword="secret"
> >     connectionURL="ldap://corvette.mn.ptc.com:389"
> >     roleName="oid"
> >     roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
> >     userPassword="userPassword"

userPattern="oid={0},ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=Bethel"
> >     debug="99"/>
> >
> > Here's the AuthLDAPURL that works with Apache1 doing the authentication

ldap://corvette.mn.ptc.com:389/ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=A
rden Hills,o=Bethel"