tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Josh Fenlason" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: JNDIRealm authentication
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:10:34 GMT
Thanks for the pointer.  It's prompting me for authentication now.  My
<Realm> isn't right though.
using the Realm element below I get the following exception.  If anyone has
any ideas of what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate your advice.  Thanks.
,
Josh.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
    connectionName="ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=PTC"
    connectionPassword="secret"
    connectionURL="ldap://camaro.mn.ptc.com:389"
    roleName="uid"
    roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
    userPassword="userPassword"
    userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=PTC"
    debug="99"/>

Here's the AuthLDAPURL that works with Apache1 doing the authentication
ldap://corvette.mn.ptc.com:389/ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=A
rden Hills,o=Bethel

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory server
connection:  javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 48 -
Inappropriate Authentication]
LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory server connection:
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 48 - Inappropriate
Authentication]
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.start(JNDIRealm.java:834)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:343)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:388)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:506)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:781)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)