tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joey Kovacs" <joeartzina...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat & IIS - success
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:57:35 GMT
Why dont you use Tomcat 4.0 with Apache 2.0
IIS is not that good

Im having problems getting Apache to work with Tomcat.  AS in,,
are they supposed to both go on Port 80
and when ever I do a load module in the httpd.conf file
I get errors
Can anyone tell me the correct way to edit the Apache conf file
and tell it to find tomcat.
I have all nessacary files installed.

>From: "David Thielen" <dave@thielen.com>
>To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: Tomcat & IIS - success
>Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:49:21 -0600
>
>Hi;
>
>Well if I had it to do over again I would have bought JRun - $895.00 but 2
>hours instead of 4 days effort.
>
>For those still fighting getting Tomcat to run with IIS I suggest the
>following:
>
>1) Reboot after any change of any kind in the configuration of Tomcat
>stop/starting IIS is not enough for most things.
>
>2) Put all your jsp related pages under Tomcat. Don't try to put then in
>Inetpub/wwwroot (still can't figure that one out).
>
>3) If you need jsp through a virtual web site, add the jakarta virtual
>directory but do NOT add as a filter for that site.
>
>Thank you to all who helped me get this working.
>
>- dave

j03b0x3r