tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Eastham" <andy.east...@gliant.com>
Subject RE: MOD_JK Problem ?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:26:11 GMT
I think everyone who uses Tomcat should back off using Apache2 until all the
connectors and more so the documentation get beyond pre-alpha state.

I'm a big fan of Apache and Tomcat, but I'm afraid the current state of the
connectors SUCKS.

I've held my tongue from writing this email for over a month, but now I
can't help it. I've wasted days trying to get this working myself, and I've
downgraded back to apache 1 again...

Given that Apache Tomcat is the reference Servlet Implementation, I think
that something needs to be done soon.  You basically can't use it with the
world's most popular web server.  It seems to me that there is very little
co-ordination between the separate Apache, Tomcat and Apache-Tomcat
connectors projects. Just take a look under
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ - apart from
coyote, there is rather a sad dearth of content.

I'm very sorry to have written this message which I'm sure will offend some
very hard working people.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I think
someone needs to say this.  The Apache organisation has set and achieved
some very high standards, and this area is significantly below par.

Sorry.

Andy