tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Short, Dave" <dave.sh...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: example mod_jk2 configuration for Apache 2.0.39
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:24:27 GMT
Would you mind posting the actual configuration files, instead of file
snippets (zipped)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas, Rory [mailto:Rory.Douglas@na.sunchem.com]
Sent: June 24, 2002 11:20 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: example mod_jk2 configuration for Apache 2.0.39

It looks like the ApacheConfig <Listener> is still in the Java sources for
the connectors, but I don't think it has been updated to the new config
format for mod_jk2 so it probably won't work.

in Server.xml, the important things are the className and
protocolHandlerClassName attributes of the AJP <Connector>. these should be:

  protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"

and

  className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"

Remember to match up the port number in all 3 place (in <connector> in
Server.xml, in jk2.properties, and in worker2.properties) If you use 8009
for your AJP <connector> then you don't need to specify it in
jk2.properties.

That should be all, no need to mess with web.xml ;-)

By the way, I was wrong about how to specify multiple channelSocket ports in
jk2.properties.  The following method "kind of" works:

  channelSocket.port=8009 (for the first one)
  channelSocket.otherone.port=8015
  channelSocket.thirdconn.port=8020 etc

However, doing this, JK seems to try to open these ports for EACH
<Connector> specified in Server.xml, and you get a lot of "Address already
bound" exceptions (and a lot of listening ports, because JK just increments
the port number each time and trys again).

have fun
Rory