tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Kofon" <>
Subject Storing Java Objects in SQL
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:38:55 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to store objects (instances) of a class in Microsoft SQL Server
2K using the Microsoft-provided JDBC driver, but I've been without any luck
thus far.
I've used the setObject() method in the PreparedStatement class and set my
target sql type to "BINARY", yet it doesn't work, I keep getting an
SQLException. A look at the driver documentation shows that this method is
supported while set/getBlob() aren't.
Is what I'm trying to achieve impossible or am I doing something wrong?
I could serialize the objects to disk but I'll have files lying all over the
place - storing them in the database per user would be much neater.
I need help fast! I'm Thanks.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message