tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Corley" <Jason.Cor...@togethersoft.com>
Subject RE: Distribution Policy? Where did the RPMs go?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:21:08 GMT

Don't take me as a definitive source as I'm not a commiter (or even a developer) but I believe
there is work to make the RPMs for tomcat4 more FHS compliant.  There is also some debate
as to how FHS compliance should be achieved (proper directory structure, symlinking in post-install,
etc.).  This is not a small task, so the RPMs may be a bit delayed as compared to how quickly
they were posted in the past.  And I do not believe the RPMs are built via the same build
tasks that produce the other platform binaries, although that seems like a worthwhile goal
to move towards if possible.  Rest assured though that tomcat RPMs have not been dropped from
the plans as far as I've seen, and if they have been I'll start building some. :-)
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 12:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users Mailing List
Subject: Distribution Policy? Where did the RPMs go?

Note: This is a slightly reworded posting from yesterday.  I got no response, and really wanted
one.  I'm reposting because I'm assuming nobody that knew saw it - and that it's so far down
in the stack now they will not see it.

Hi - just curious if there would be no more RPM distributions past 4.0.3.  That's the last
version I see one for.  I rather like the RPMs myself and would like to see them continue.
 Did someone accidentally comment out that part of the Ant script? =)  I certainly hope you
all haven't decided to no longer build RPM distributions =(  Anyone know what is up?

Thanks!

Eddie