tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: restarting tomcat programatically
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:26:46 GMT
Howdy,
If your own webapp is running on the tomcat instance you're trying to
restart, then HUH? ;)  One VM can always restart another, as others have
proposed.  So you can have a command line program, shell scripts,
another webapp running on another tomcat instance, etc.

Alternatively, look at how JBoss manages its embedded tomcat ;)  You'll
have to do a bit more work, and need to know some JMX MBeans stuff.

(I'm no longer bitter about 4.0.2 removing the System.exit() to
accommodate JBoss -- long live my System.exit() context listener! ;))

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics