tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sefton, Adam" <Adam.Sef...@plc.cwplc.com>
Subject JDBC BASIC authentication and SSL
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:44:00 GMT
I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 standalone on Win2k.

I've configured SSL to work and have JDBC realm authentication working correctly, with BASIC
authentication - is this now encrypted? So any admin servlet I write to add new users to the
database .. will the passwords be encrypted? Or do I need to reference a method of the Realm
class to ensure that this is correctly encrypted?

Also, does anybody know how to set up a custom error page for login failure using BASIC authentication
method.

Thanks for any answers

Adam

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.