tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kje...@kjernsmo.net>
Subject Re: Installation problems on Debian Woody
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:01:16 GMT
On Wednesday 26 June 2002 16:42, you wrote:
> I remember one of our sys admins having issues (the SocketException
> looks familiar) and just upgrading to 4.x through a tarball. It's not
> pretty (and we miss being able to upgrade through apt-get), but
> tomcat's working just fine now.

Mmmmm, I see. I would of course like to use the .debs ("stick to your
distro, son" is a common advice for people in my position) :-)
Any other options....? :-)

>Any reason why you're using apache
> from unstable instead of testing?

Hehe, I asked the same question to debian-apache yesterday... :-)
Long story, really (I guess OT), but since you asked:
Basically, there is some confusion as to the upgrade cycle right now,
I'm certainly confused. They created unofficial 1.3.26 debs for Woody
in a hurry, but that's not the way it is usually done, since security
upgrades is usually just for stable. I have unstable in my sources.list
(I wanted gnupg-1.0.7 some time ago, it had a new feature I really
needed), but set default distro to testing. For some reason not quite
clear to me, apt told me that I should upgrade to the one in
unstable... So I did. From the response I got in debian-apache, I think
they probably differ only in version number.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo