tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kje...@kjernsmo.net>
Subject Installation problems on Debian Woody
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:49:17 GMT
Hi all!

I'm trying to get Cocoon2 up running on my Debian Woody box, and I'm
seeing problems with Tomcat. I hope somebody can give me a hand
The first thing I noticed was that my /var/log partition was full. It
turned out that the reason was that about every second, Tomcat wrote
something like this:

PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=0,localport=8007] ignored
exception: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.close(PlainSocketImpl.java:408)
        at java.net.Socket.close(Socket.java:383)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:206)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:181)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:314)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:459)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:519)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

I did some googling, and it seems Gregory Guthrie reported and solved
the same problem some time ago, see
http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-user/200202.mbox/%3c5.1.0.14.2.20020203200730.00a8f210@mail.mum.edu%3e

However, the small hint there is not enough for me to understand
neither the problem nor the solution... :-) I would be grateful if
anybody would elaborate.

My system is a straight Debian Woody system, with a 2.4.17 kernel,
recent Apache 1.3.26-1 from unstable, and all I do to install stuff is
"apt-get install", so Tomcat is versioned 3.3a-4.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo