tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris.kar...@omiris.net
Subject RE: web application outside tomcat/webapps dir
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:45:41 GMT
in server.xml, add element - where appropriate

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="C:/mydir" debug="0" privileged="false"/>

the 'docBase' attribute is key

-----Original Message-----
From: D Bamud [mailto:nougain@cad.delhi.nic.in]
Sent: 06 June 2002 14:34
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: web application outside tomcat/webapps dir

My Platform Tomcat 4.0.3/Windows2000/JDK1.3.1.
I am new to Tomcat4.0.3

"%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps" is the base directory for containing web
applications. Is it mandatory to put my web applications in this directory?
Can I put my web application in say C:\mydir and configure Tomcat so that it
could pick this application. How to do it if it is possible?

Regards