tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pearsall, Kyle" <Kyle.Pears...@cda.canon.com>
Subject RE: JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:31:31 GMT
Thank you for your reply.

I am using Tomcat 4.0.4 with JDK 1.3.1.  They were both clean installs.  Does Tomcat 4.0.4
have any issues with this JDK?  Should I upgrade to JDK 1.4?

I will look into this further.

Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 11:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

Your error message sounds as if pageContext.handlePageException()
is is defined to accept just an Instance of Exception not Throwable.
That could be caused be a jar file that contains an older version
of the jsdk. (servlet.jar, ...) Have a look at your jar files
that are used for your tomcat. (Don't forget {JAVA_HOME}\jre\lib\ext !)

- Which Version of tomcat do you use ?