tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Dui <...@Dui.be>
Subject RE: Tomcat Performance is good!
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:07:17 GMT
Let's hope that it will also work for applications without acts of god...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Trenton D. Adams [mailto:trent.nospam@telusplanet.net]
Envoyé : sam. 15 juin 2002 0:06
À : 'Tomcat Users List'
Objet : Tomcat Performance is good!

I've recently been doing some fiddling with Tomcat.  I've built a King
James Bible search program.  I based it off of my brother's perl bible
search program.  It outputs all identical HTML to the perl version.  It
was already out performing it by a couple of seconds on one particular
search.  The search for perl took about 6 seconds and the search in the
J2EE version on tomcat took approx 4 seconds.  With some code efficiency
improvements, I've gotten that down to less than 3 seconds.

Just thought you might all like to hear some good news about Tomcat.

Tomcat 4.0.3
Apache 1.3.20
Perl 5.6.0