tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Dui <...@Dui.be>
Subject RE: Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:24:07 GMT

It's a 'somethink like a' portal application.

Do you think that the performance bottle neck would happen with the disk
issue (reading the same file over and over...) or with the XML treatment
(I'm thinking about using Xerces) ?

Maybe caching the XML repository in memory could help ?

Regards,

Sébastien Dui

-----Message d'origine-----
De : peter lin [mailto:peter.lin@labs.gte.com]
Envoyé : jeu. 13 juin 2002 14:16
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Re: Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts

that would depend on how it's going to be used. If you're talking about
a content management system which has multi-lingual support, you're not
going to need super fast response time. On the otherhand, if it's a
portal like site which support multiple languages, then you're better
off using bundles to grab the text in some generic/standardize format.

peter