tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Dui <>
Subject Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:07:00 GMT
    I'm actually developping a web application for the european market,
translated in a couple of different languages. In order to allow the
translators and content writers access the designers layouts without
modifying it, I'm thinking about making an xml file acting as a repository
of all the different texts included in the pages.
    I'm going to generate the xml page using a database, so I could allow a
default language text to be set for those not translated yet.
Does anybody tried a solution like this before ? Do you think I will
encounter performances' problems ?
Any advice would be more than welcome,
S├ębastien Dui