tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: CrossContext. Is there a easier solution?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:00:03 GMT
There are serveral options:

- Define a context with the name images and use something
  like /images/common/img1.gif to reference them from the
  other contexts.

- The dirty solution for linux:

  mkdir -p /webcommon/images

  ln -s /webcommon/images /webapp1/images
  ln -s /webcommon/images /webapp2/images
  ln -s /webcommon/images /webapp<n>/images

The first options make sense if you use tomcat stand
alone, or want to use tomcats authorisation to access the
images. Normally you wouldn't want to serve images from
tomcat if you run behind a 'real' webserver.)

- If you run tomcat behind a webserver
  you can solve that by using the same document root
  for all web applications.