tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Design Question: Static vs. Dynamic
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:45:49 GMT
With this amount of users I wouldn't think about caching the html
output for dynamic elements.

What we do is to cache essential data from the database and generate
the pages on the fly. That design works with several 1000 hits an
hour. (Not with tomcat but with jserv and gnujsp, but I don't have
doubts that tomcat will perform equal)