tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Security - Attack
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:49:55 GMT
Blocking the IP can be a dangerous thing:

- If there are several people behind a proxy, you will
  disable all.
- If the attacking pc has a provider wih dynamic IP's
  it dousn't help at all, it will just diable all
  user users that get this IP in the future.
- It makes you vulnerable to dos attack. As it is possible
  to fake IP adresses an attacker can disable the acces to
  your site for a ig amount of people