tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Improper timing using Calendar class (JSP/servlet)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:16:26 GMT
Although it might be a personal view I thing this is a valid
opinion. Listening to this list for a while I got the impression
that using declarations inside <%! %> is a thing, that can lead
to much trouble. Most people that are new to multithreaded
programming or the architecture of a servlet container get
problems if they use this construct.

On the other side if you and your team knows what you do,
it's a quite legal action. But if you have a team where some
people do the mainly html and little scripting, that don't have
the technical background it better to avoid this as much as
possible.