tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Skorupski Pawel ,(PZUZ)" <P.Skorup...@pzuzycie.com.pl>
Subject Database connection - Catalina
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:31:38 GMT
Hello,

I've got a problem with Tomcat 4.0 (Catalina). After setting up REALM:

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test&amp;password=test"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

I can not connect to mysql server which is running on localhost. The error I
received is:

Catalina.start:Lifecycle Exception: Exception opening database connection:
java.sql.SQLException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

I ran through many faq's lists and the only solution I found was: check
tables, all names etc. I've checked not twice but ten times receiving the
same type of error.

I use FORM type of authentication. Everything was ok with Tomcat 3.2 and got
worse after installing new version of Tomcat. Libraries: org.jar,
servlet.jar are added to classpath.

I would be grateful for any help.

Pawel