tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Douglas, Rory" <Rory.Doug...@na.sunchem.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk configuration Amost there !!
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:36:36 GMT
Shouldn't your JkMount directive look like this:

JkMount /examples/* ajp13

I don't think mod_jk strips off the url pattern it matches, just passes it
through. Try setting up some dummy page on localhost:8080/tomcat/examples/
and see if that gets served.

-----Original Message-----
From: abhishek srivastava [mailto:abhishes@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 1:26 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: mod_jk configuration Amost there !!

Hello All,

After two days of continious battle with tomcat with apache and having spent

numerours hours of RTFM of mod_jk build and config manual .... I am almost
there.

When I type in http://localhost/tomcat/examples

I get the following message

-----
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /tomcat/examples
type Status report
message /tomcat/examples
description The requested resource (/tomcat/examples) is not available.
-------

So this means that the call does go to the tomcat from apache web server
therefore the mod_jk.so is working!!

but then why doesn't it find the tomcat examples page?? when I type
http://localhost:8080/examples then everything works file.

I have the following entry in my httpd.conf :-
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
Include /apps/tomcat4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13

In my conf/jk/workers.properties I have the following enteries
workers.tomcat_home=/apps/tomcat4.0.4
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

In server.xml I have following enteries :-
<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
<ApacheConfig />

Please help me !!!

regards,
Abhishek.

PS: Once thought occurs to me. When I search mod_jk problems with google.
there are so many people on numerous mailing lists that have faced the same
problem!!. Why doesn't apache give a combined download? One installable
which will install both tomcat and apache and do all the config iteself.