tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Douglas, Rory" <>
Subject RE: mod_jk configuration Amost there !!
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:36:36 GMT
Shouldn't your JkMount directive look like this:

JkMount /examples/* ajp13

I don't think mod_jk strips off the url pattern it matches, just passes it
through. Try setting up some dummy page on localhost:8080/tomcat/examples/
and see if that gets served.

-----Original Message-----
From: abhishek srivastava []
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 1:26 PM
Subject: mod_jk configuration Amost there !!

Hello All,

After two days of continious battle with tomcat with apache and having spent

numerours hours of RTFM of mod_jk build and config manual .... I am almost

When I type in http://localhost/tomcat/examples

I get the following message

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /tomcat/examples
type Status report
message /tomcat/examples
description The requested resource (/tomcat/examples) is not available.

So this means that the call does go to the tomcat from apache web server
therefore the is working!!

but then why doesn't it find the tomcat examples page?? when I type
http://localhost:8080/examples then everything works file.

I have the following entry in my httpd.conf :-
LoadModule jk_module libexec/
Include /apps/tomcat4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13

In my conf/jk/ I have the following enteries

In server.xml I have following enteries :-
<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
<ApacheConfig />

Please help me !!!

PS: Once thought occurs to me. When I search mod_jk problems with google.
there are so many people on numerous mailing lists that have faced the same
problem!!. Why doesn't apache give a combined download? One installable
which will install both tomcat and apache and do all the config iteself.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message