tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: AW: Improper timing using Calendar class (JSP/servlet)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:15:25 GMT
> Only all constructors and methods that try
> to treat the Date as an calendar are deprecated.
>
> It still valid to use Date with time in ms and
> to do math with that.

Sorry, my mistake.  That's what I get for shooting off the old mouth without
a full understanding.

I learned long ago this class was "deprecated" from some guy who told me
that -- but I never read the documentation thoroughly enough, I guess.  I
saw about 90% deprecation of methods and made the wrong assumption -- that
the class was being deprecated.  The documentation for Date is very
interesting, BTW.  Just read it myself ;)

cheers
fillup