tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: no notification when incorrect classes are specified in web.xml
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 06:01:33 GMT
Servlets etc are not loaded until needed.  This is specified behavior, IIRC.
Maybe not, but for some reason I seem to recall that there's a reason behind
this.  Maybe it's just the simple resource usage argument.

To work around it (for example, during development), add a load-on-startup
tag to each.

fillup