tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Perry <jonp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CrossContext
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:25:08 GMT
I'm at a loss of how to debug this.  Does anyone have any ideas of what to
do?

Thanks,
JP

On 5/6/02 11:45 am, "Jonathan Perry" <jonpez2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So having downloaded the source, built it, included it in my classpath (and
> then, of course, discovered I had already done all this when I first built
> tomcat, Duh...), and stared at it for a while, I'm not too sure how to check
> that the crossContext attribute is getting through at all: the
> ApplicationContextFacade that gets passed back by tomcat in response to
> getContext( ) doesn't have any ways in, and I can't see any other ways in
> that aren't private/protected.  Most frustrating.  Anyone have any ideas?
> 
> Thanks,
> JP
> 
> On 5/6/02 9:09 am, "Jonathan Perry" <jonpez2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>> Didn't seem to make a difference.
>> 
>> I'm downloading the source, as I should have before I asked anyone...  No
>> doubt I'll have further questions.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> JP
>> 
>> On 5/6/02 12:53 am, "Phillip Morelock" <subscriptions@phillipmorelock.com>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> Are you supposed to have the trailing slash?
>>> 
>>> maybe:
>>> getServletContext( ).getContext( "/A" )
>>> 
>>> I haven't used this feature, just trying to help.
>>> 
>>> fillup
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 6/4/02 2:44 PM, "Jonathan Perry" <jonpez2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Anybody?  Please?  This is really doing my head in.
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks a lot,
>>>> JP
>>>> 
>>>> On 4/6/02 10:51 am, "Jonathan Perry" <jonpez2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>   I'm running jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 on Mac OSX.  I've got two contexts
set
>>>>> up, "A", and "B".  Both have crossContext="true" in their section of
>>>>> server.xml.  I have a copy of a servlet in each context, which has the
>>>>> following lines of code:
>>>>> 
>>>>> ServletContext c = getServletContext( ).getContext( "/A/" );
>>>>> RequestDispatcher dispatcher = c.getRequestDispatcher( "/helloWorld.jsp"
>>>>> );
>>>>> 
>>>>> This code works as expected in context A, but fails to obtain a context
>>>>> (simply returning null, no exceptions thrown) in context B.  I've searched
>>>>> through archives on several sites, including this one, and haven't found
>>>>> anything promising.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be doing
>>>>> wrong?
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks for your time,
>>>>> JP
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> --
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>> <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 
> 
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message