tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: Detect Cookie Rejection
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 05:01:27 GMT
in the olden days, the days before tomcat, when servlets were just a twinkle
in Bill Joy's eye, when I walked uphill to school 5 miles in the snow, we
used to:
1. Make a page that uses a meta refresh to another page.  The session needs
to have been created here.
2.  Use the url rewriting mechanism to generate the url for the meta
refresh.  In jsp, it's response.encodeUrl i think.  look that up.
3.  In this page, because it came via url rewriting, you'll still have the
session, so you'll "know" who it is, and then you read the cookies raw from
the request.  See if the session came in.

you may not have to do all that or you might do something else.  I think I
learned this trick at a now-defunct dotcom I worked at during the gold rush,
on ASP with NT4.

cheers
fillup