tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vikramjit Singh <vikramj...@gtllimited.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Connection
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:18:58 GMT
the same error i was also facing. I was using classes12.zip. The solution
for me was, rename the file to classes12.jar and place it in common/lib, and
then the connection worked for me.
try it out. hope it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vikramjit Singh,
Systems Engineer,
GTL Ltd.
Ph. 7612929-1031

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan [mailto:velazquez@htmlspider.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 3:24 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JDBC Connection

Hello,

I'm trying to connecting with MySQL, but I'm getting the following error:
 >> javax.servlet.ServletException: No suitable driver
at
l.java:457)
at org.apache.jsp.index$jsp._jspService(index$jsp.java:805)

The JDBC driver is at the classpath, and I'm able to connect using a
standard Java application. But with Tomcat I'm getting an error.
Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,

Juan José Velázquez Garcia
Web Development