tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vikramjit Singh <vikramj...@gtllimited.com>
Subject driver manager does not work neither giving error
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:39:24 GMT
Hi,

I am deploying my application from tomcat 3.2.1 to tomcat 4.0.3. I have
installed tomcat 4.0.3 and its working fine. I have a servlet which is
loaded on start up. The servlet is for connection pooling which opens the
connections. I am using oracle driver classes12.zip for connection pooling.

In my OracleConnectionPool.java these lines are not being reached:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

and after these  lines the connection pooling methods of Oracle driver is
called.

neither is it throwing any error.

Since before these lines which ever code is there its working as the
system.out.println statements are being printed on the console. I know
Tomcat 4.0.3 has in built ConnectionPooling mechanism, hope thats not the
source of the problem. I am pretty much confused. Atleast it should throw an
error.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
Vikramjit Singh,