tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject Way to remove index page file name from URL?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:19:24 GMT
I have a web app with a few servlets.  One of these servlets I'd like to be
the "default" servlet - basically it should handle any request that the
other servlets don't handle, or that isn't for an image file or other
resource.  So far, I've set this up by mapping a special index/welcome page
name to the servlet.  i.e. with <url-mapping>*.mypage</url-mapping>, and
then setting "index.mypage" as one of the welcome files.  This works nicely,
but the only problem is that on Tomcat (and maybe others), "index.mypage"
now shows up in the URL.  For example, if the original URL the user typed in
was "http://www.foo.com/", their browser will now show
"http://www.foo.com/index.mypage".

Is there any way to have Tomcat not set the location to the URL with the
index.mypage in it?

I should note, this shall be the only webapp for this instance of Tomcat, so
if I need to redo my context somehow to achieve this, that's fine.
Currently the context looks like:

  <Context path="" docBase="foo" ...>

I will need to be able to deploy it as both a WAR, and an expanded
webapp/non-WAR (for development).
____
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity       http://www.codeintensity.com