tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject RE: Debugger Solution
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:13:55 GMT
I should also add that JBuilder, and probably Forte really should work as
well.  I am nearly positive those both allow you to attach to a running VM.
The thing you need to make sure you do is to start Tomcat with the debug
option.  I haven't tried this on Windows, nor with Tomcat 4.1.x (I'm using
4.0.x), but on Linux you'd start it with something akin to "dtomcat4 debug
start".  I'm guessing that whatever script you run it with on Windows would
take a debug param as well.  Essentially debugging should work with any
debugger that supports the JPDA and allows you to attach to an existing
process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lenny Sorey [mailto:lrsorey@fatdot.com]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 2:24 PM
To: Tomcat Users Group
Subject: Debugger Solution

This may be off topic here, but I can't seem to get an answer anywhere else.

I'm looking for a stand alone debugger solution for the following platform:

Windows 2000 Professional
J2SDK 1.4.0
Tomcat 4.1.3

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but the solutions I've found are not
easy to setup
nor are the instructions easy to follow. I just can't seem to get any of
them to work.

I've tried Forte For Java 4.0 CE and JBuild 6.0 Personal Edition but to no
avail.

Anyway, any recommendation would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lenny Sorey

For additional commands, e-mail: