tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis van den Berg" <Dennis.vandenB...@triodos.nl>
Subject RE: set content type to text/pdf
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:35:48 GMT
Hi,

I think when you make the request go to Tiparire.pdf it should open in your browser.
It somehow also has something to do with the extension.

Dennis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex [mailto:alexalecu@go.ro]
Sent: vrijdag 21 juni 2002 9:37
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: set content type to text/pdf

I have a servlet that generates pdf content.
In the initData method, I use:
  httpservletresponse.setContentType("text/pdf");

When i access the servlet from the browser (i'm using win2k), it opens
a small window asking me what to do with the file (open, save,
cancel..), and then, when i choose "open", it asks me which
application should i use to open that file (it is called Tiparire[1],
because my servlet is called Tiparire), and then i choose acrobat
reader.
What can i do so my browser automatically opens the pdf content generated
by the servlet ?
Thanks in advance...

Alex.