tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis van den Berg" <Dennis.vandenB...@triodos.nl>
Subject RE: Default Website -- Still not working -- Thanks!
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:18:09 GMT
I think what you want is this in your server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="webapps/Test" debug="0"

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: S W [mailto:swemail@yahoo.com]
Sent: vrijdag 14 juni 2002 9:35
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Default Website -- Still not working -- Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I know I've previously asked this question, but I'm
still having issues with it, I'm still a new to
Tomcat. I would really appreciate further guidance on
this issue.

I'm trying to setup Tomcat so the default directory is
something else other then Examples when I type in the
IP address.

I know where to change the welcome documents, but I
can't figure out how to change the default path.

Here are things which I have tried changing in the
server.xml file.

Changed from Examples to Test <Context path="/Test"
docBase="webapps/Test" debug="0"

I've also tried changing every reference from Examples
to Test but Tomcat wouldn't startup after that.

If someone could tell me what I'm missing I would
really appreciate it.

My environment: Windows 2000 SP2, Tomcat 4.0.3

Thank you!