tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miller, Andy" <Andy.Mil...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat / JBoss / JNDI lookup not working - HELP!
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:32:11 GMT
That was all it took! Thanks a million!

-----Original Message-----
From: HÃ¥kon Hansen [mailto:hha@mkt.no]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 11:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat / JBoss / JNDI lookup not working - HELP!

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:48:14 -0500
"Miller, Andy" <Andy.Miller@hp.com> wrote:

> I have seperate instances of Tomcat and JBoss running on the same
> machine.  I'm trying to do a JNDI lookup of a JMS queue that's
> configured in JBoss from Tomcat but cannot get it to work.

I have not taken the time to fully analyze your problem, but I have
had similar problems with JNDI lookups JBoss 3.0 / Tomcat 4.0.

What I had to do, was to set the initial factory as a System property before creating the
InitialContext for the first time, like this:

System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
    "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");

Good luck!

Yours, Haakon Hansen, Norway