tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Peters" <Ge...@logic.bm>
Subject RE: Book recommendation
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:24:07 GMT
I've got the James Goodwill book - it is good for a beginner to Tomcat and servlet / jsp technology,
very easy to follow and well written - but not a lot of detail on specific tweaking / configuration
issues. There is a new Tomcat book being published this month or next month (can't remember)
- you could pre - order it on amazon.com last time I looked, it was to be a  thicker book
(not sure if that means more useful info or more pictures?)

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: mls@VegInfo.com [mailto:mls@VegInfo.com]
Sent: June 21, 2002 2:26 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Book recommendation

Any recommendation for a good book that covers Tomcat and
other related open source technologies? More from an application
developers point of view as to how various components fit
together rather than sysadmin details or exhaustive details
about any one particular thing (say JBoss, Servlet etc).

Some books that came up on Internet search were...

1) MySQL and JSP Web Applications: Data-Driven Programming
        Using Tomcat and MySQL By James Turner

2) Apache Jakarta-Tomcat by James Goodwill

3) JSP, Servlets, and Mysql by Dave Harms

4) Professional Java Server Programming (many authors)

Any other ones out there and which one would you recommend?

das