tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Dale <Da...@optimad.com>
Subject RE: Method not found in class error
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:20:47 GMT
we had a look in the classes directory there is no class called
com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder. There are other jar files but I do not think
these contain the class. How do I work out where java is looking for these
classes? Is there a way to step through and see what it is doing?

cheers,
david

________________________________
David Dale
Creative

optimad media systems
david@optimad.com
http://www.optimad.com
Office: +44 (0)20 7291 7567
Mobile: +44 (0)78 7620 6434

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Davison [mailto:peterdavison@rogers.com]
Sent: 20 June 2002 00:26
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Method not found in class error

Hi David.

Any chance you have the class "com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder" being loaded
from a the wrong location (like from a jar file when you're expecting it to
be loaded from the classes directory)?  Or maybe this class is in more than
one jar file and that other jar is being loaded first?

P.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:32:05 +0100
David Dale <David@optimad.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We have a working web application that has been deployed to a new
> server. I am a bit new to all this and the guys here are deep into
> other development and are unable to help. One particular JSP fails to
> compile and complaining that a method is missing from a class. The
> method is in the source code, I can see this by decompiling the class
> file in question. I deleted everything in the working directory
> without success. The error message is below please help if you can,
> sorry if this is stupid question:
>
> Error: 500
> Location: /documents/menutree.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> JSPF:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fme
> nutree
> _0002ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:85: Method setCampaignID(java.lang.String)
not
> found in class com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
>                  menuBuilder.setCampaignID(cID);
>                                           ^

F:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fmenutree_00
> 02ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:91: Method
> getMainMenuString(com.optimad.user.datamodels.UserModel) not found in
class
> com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
>                 out.print(menuBuilder.getMainMenuString(currentUser));
>                                                        ^
>
> cheers,
> david
>
> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Peter Davison
peterdavison@rogers.com

Children begin by loving their parents.  After a time they judge them.
Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.
		-- Oscar Wilde