tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Dale <Da...@optimad.com>
Subject Method not found in class error
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:32:05 GMT
Dear all,

We have a working web application that has been deployed to a new server. I
am a bit new to all this and the guys here are deep into other development
and are unable to help. One particular JSP fails to compile and complaining
that a method is missing from a class. The method is in the source code, I
can see this by decompiling the class file in question. I deleted everything
in the working directory without success. The error message is below please
help if you can, sorry if this is stupid question:

Error: 500
Location: /documents/menutree.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPF:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fmenutree
_0002ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:85: Method setCampaignID(java.lang.String) not
found in class com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
                 menuBuilder.setCampaignID(cID);
                                          ^
F:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fmenutree_00
02ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:91: Method
getMainMenuString(com.optimad.user.datamodels.UserModel) not found in class
com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
                out.print(menuBuilder.getMainMenuString(currentUser));
                                                       ^

cheers,
david