tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Walters <sc...@integra-online.com>
Subject Re: specifying ClassLoader for webapp
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:38:00 GMT
I fixed my problem by moving the jars that
load the native shared library into the
lib/ext path of my jre.  I found a very
good explanation of these issues in a pdf
file that describes using the boot
classpath at
www.javageeks.com/Papers/BootClasspath/Boo
tClasspath.pdf

Scott

6/27/02 3:32:59 PM, Scott Walters
<scott@integra-online.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've written a JNI based layer for a
large
>native code executable to allow
extensions
>to the native code application to be
>written in Java. When the executable
>starts, it creates a Java VM and loads
>several infrasturcture Java classes.
>These classes load a shared library as
>part of their initialization which allow
>the Java extension code to call back into
>the native code.  All this has worked
very
>well.
>
>I've also embedded Tomcat 4.0.3 into the
>application successfully using the
>CatalinaService class.  I'm running into
>problem though, when I try to use the
>infrastructure classes from my jsp bean
>make calls back into the native code.
>Since my initial ClassLoader from when I
>created the Java VM has already loaded
the
>shared library,  I get the following
>error...
>
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Native
>Library F:\Java\DLL\JNIXfer.dll already
>loaded in another classloader
>
>Is there a way to enable Tomcat's webapp
>classloader to find these infrastructure
>classes that were already loaded by the
>other Classloader?  I tried setting the
>parent loader in the Catalina class to my
>initial loader but that didn't seem to
>have any effect.  I don't mind making
>minor Tomcat source changes if that's
what